Monday, August 11, 2008

"It's raining, it's pouring, today is so boring..."

I absolutely LOVE my Elizabeth Elliot book! Really. It makes me feel like I'm actually getting something out of my devotions... haha.


I just found Daft Punk and got a whole bunch of their songs... if they're bad songs, whoops.. my bad. But I'm really excited to go run or something and listen to them!


Less than three weeks until I leave... I'm trying hard not to think about it, but I keep feeling like I'm going to throw up.


I went to visit my married friends with another girl last week... it was SO MUCH FUN. My friend is nearly engaged, so we went and got her ring picked out.
But I was soo frustrated! After they'd dated a few people on and off, both of them had their dream guy practically fall into their lap. And here I've been going all these years thinking I'd get a good guy sooner if I DIDN'T date.

Then the day after I got home, a family friend told me I was way too young to be thinking about marriage (laughing as she said it) and that I'd better not get engaged anytime soon.
I told Mom about it... and of course she reminded me that I had to quit freaking out about it, because no matter what anyone thinks, and no matter how many of my friends are suddenly getting married, God is sending my guy at the perfect time.

Whatever. I get so confused and frustrated thinking about how it's all going to come together. I wish I had my degree and a houseful of kids right now, but apparently God wants me to do things the long and hard way - why couldn't he come swooping down and whisk me away to 2013? ;-)


I can't stand having bright pink/red hair anymore. I gotta head to Walmart pretty soon, tonight maybe. And I get to buy a fridge!

On Saturday I got to see a whole bunch of people I knew when I was younger... I wish I could get over there more often.


Here are our new babies:

No comments: