Monday, January 12, 2009

Somehow all that matters now is You are holy...

Mmm, I am very happy right now. I just had coffee, a spinach-and-broccoli frittata and a big piece of chocolate cake for lunch! (My diet is on hold until I leave in just TEN days!)

I had a busy weekend! My sisters, eight friends and I spent Saturday evening at a waterpark and then went out for pizza. Then we came back to the house and watched Kate & Leopold (cute movie!). On Sunday we went to the church where I go to youth group (my family goes to a different church) and I got to see quite a few people I knew. Afterwards Esther and I helped Jennie do her baby gift registry. Who knew that shopping for socks and breast pumps could be FUN??

Today I'm supposed to be finishing my quilt... Mom was going to get me started like, three hours ago, but she's still busy in the office. Hmm. Well, I'm not complaining... it means I get to sit on the computer longer :-)

I'm still really frustrated at my lack of closeness with God. I've figured that the remedy is spending MORE time with Him, not less. But that's hard. :-(
Some days I find the only way I can concentrate when praying is to turn the light off and lay on the floor. That worked for a few minutes. Then I fell asleep (I'm short 2 hours, okay?) and started dreaming about the three billy goats gruff... did you know they had a queen? ;-)

Anyway, even those few minutes were really encouraging. Isn't it so much easier to pray and read the Bible fervently and just have a more Christ-centered day when you feel like God is your best friend and you just CAN'T get enough of Him and you can't WAIT for tomorrow, just because Jesus is by your side?

Why can't I feel like that all the time? I haven't kept that feeling for more than a few hours since last summer! Is there an easy prescription? I wish...
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills His purpose for me.

Yeah!
Now Dad says Mom is ready... I'd better get moving. Later!

Current favorite song!

I wish I was more than a man.
Have you ever felt that way?
And if I had to tell you the truth,
I’m afraid I’d have to say
That after all I’ve done and failed to do
I feel like less than I was meant to be.
And what if I could fix myself?
Maybe then I could get free.
I could try to be somebody else
Who’s much better off than me.
But I need to remember this
That its when I’m at my weakest I can clearly see
He made the lame walk, and the dumb talk
And He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time,
yet He know our deepest desperate need.
And the world waits, while His heart aches,
To realize the dream.
I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus live through you and me…

What if you could see yourself
through another pair of eyes?
And what if you could hear the truth,
instead of old familiar lies?
And what if you could feel inside
The power of the Hand that made the universe
You’d realize…..

All our hearts they burn within us.
All our lives we’ve longed for more.
So let us lay our lives before
The One who gave His life for us.
What Would Life Be Like - Big Daddy Weave

No comments: