Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy thanksgiving!

I cannot WAIT for pumpkin pie tomorrow! *highlight of my thanksgiving*

I got home tonight... I've been sitting around watching TV all evening waiting for my family to get back from checking on the animals. I did get the dishwasher loaded and ran/walked 1.58 miles on the treadmill! So it wasn't a total loss.

Ahh.. I LOVE Carol of the Bells! I love being home! I love good food! I love my family! I love going to school with amazing people... and most of all, I love my JESUS! I had a long-put-off conversation with Him tonight. I listen to people tell about their spiritual life, and how awesome it is to spend time in prayer, and what a wonderful 'worship experience' they had in chapel, and I get so ENVIOUS! I'm lazy, and I put off my devotions, I put off talking to God, I put off getting right with Him... I end up feeling far away - which makes it so much easier to stumble. Maybe I can make a Thanksgiving day resolution to end this apostasy? (new word I learned at school! :-D)

Anyway, I rode home with two fantastic girls. Funnily enough, I met one five years ago and thought she was nice, and when I met her 'again' when school started, I decided I didn't care very much for her. How stupid am I? Now that I've gotten to know her better, she's my hero. When she has problems with the other girls, they no sooner leave the room than she gets on her knees. And even better - it makes things HAPPEN!

I want to be like that. Someday...

No comments: