Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Case of Enjoyable Insomnia

all_2(rev 0)
Last night around 11pm, I decided to have an iced tea packet. But I didn't notice three words on the box - three very important words. 'Enhanced with caffeine'.

So the entire night, I was WIDE awake. Not exhausted but unable to sleep, like caffeine usually makes me, but feeling as though I had just woken up from a great night's sleep! It was a crazy feeling, and I enjoyed it. I read the Last Sin Eater - that was a good book! And I also read Not Even A Hint by Joshua Harris, another great book. I had a very enjoyable early morning, spending an hour or two reading that and telling God about anything it brought to my mind.

It was so very, very encouraging! I do have struggles. But I'm quitting it all, and trusting in God to help me. The thought of being pure and steadfast in every area of my life is so incredibly fascinating! I can hardly imagine it! It sounds so wonderful.

Uffda. All of a sudden my lack of sleep is hitting me... I may have to go to bed after this!

This morning I read Matthew 6. The last section is about worry - I've read it a few times, I suppose, but just glancing over those nice, encouraging verses that say we oughtn't worry, and we need to trust God, and so on. Ha - easier said than done. But I looked a little closer today. Did you know it actually says, "Don't worry about your body?"
I didn't!
It actually says, "Don't worry about what you will wear."
It actually says, "Don't worry about your life."
It actually says, "Don't worry about what you will eat and drink."
These are the EXACT things I worry about! Somehow, it never occurred to me that issues like dieting, finding modest clothes, being 'fit' enough, and just needing to take a CHILL PILL once in awhile are all addressed in the Bible! Ca-raaazy!

The other big thing I worry about is money. And it's looking like God is going to care of things to a far greater extent than I would have guessed! Life is GREAT!

Here is another one of my top favorite songs ever. Seriously. This song is wonderful!

Happy - Ayiesha Woods
No record deal, no dream fulfilled, no three minute video
No catchy jingle, no big hit single playing on the radio
You make me happy
You make me feel the way you do
You make me happy
I wanna make you happy too
No flashy cars, no movie stars, no man, woman, boy or girl
No fancy things, no diamond rings, nothing in the whole wide world
Can make me happy
Can make me feel the way you do
You make me happy
I want to make you happy too
You make me happy
You make me feel the way I do
You make me happy
I wish the whole world knew you too
No I cannot count the ways you have made my life so blessed
All I know is that you came and made beauty of my mess
And you make me happy
You make me feel the way I do
You make me happy
I want to make you happy too

No comments: