Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daddy, I'm on my way!


Praying is supposed to be pretty easy, right? You just think in your head, "Dear God, please help me get through this..." or "Jesus, don't let this happen!"
And, I suppose, just sitting and letting God speak to you is praying, too. I'm an introvert, so that isn't too hard for me to do. But today, I was on the road for an hour by myself. So I undertook praying aloud.
It's surprisingly hard! I like to talk, but hearing myself speaking to... an unseen person, of sorts, is just weird!
I think it was good, though. Talking things through, I realized some things about myself.

I'm coming to think that there are three equally important kinds of prayer - kneeling before God, silently speaking to him; writing (or typing, in my case) out your thoughts to him; and actually talking out loud to him!

And it's hard to know what to say, praying in a group. I imagine this will make me more comfortable, know how it sounds when I pray out loud. So I hope I get more chances to do this the rest of this year.

That's how I've been growing lately... and I have a new plan for studying the Bible! I struggle with finding anything that stands out to me when I'm reading the Bible... so I'm going to go through the whole thing and write notes on every verse and story I recognize, and write down everything I've ever been taught. Hopefully it will help me remember things I've forgotten, and notice new things.

I heard Made to Love while I was in the car... this is one of my all-time favorite songs! I want it to apply to my entire life.

The dream is fading; now I'm staring at the door.
I know it's over 'cause my feet have hit the cold floor.
Check my reflection, I ain't feelin what I see... It's no mystery.
Whatever happened to a passion I could live for?
What became of the flame that made me feel more?
And when did I forget...

that I was made to love you, I was made to find you,

I was made just for you, made to adore you,

I was made to love, and be loved by you!
The dream's alive with my eyes open wide,

back in the ring, You got me swingin' for the grand prize.
I feel the haters spittin' vapors on my dreams, but I still believe...
I'm reaching out, reachin' up, reachin' over,
I feel a breeze cover me called Jehovah...
and Daddy, I'm on my way!

Cuz I was made to love you, I was made to find you,

I was made just for you, made to adore you,

I was made to love, and be loved by you.
Anything I would give up for You
Everything I give it all away...

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hi, I'm Brianna. I really like your blog! I found it because we both like the book Hangman's curse!
I'm the same way with reading my bible. That's a good idea about taking notes. Maybe I'll try that! :)
By the way I really like the song you have on your blog.

God bless!