Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My last post for awhile!

I leave for school one week from tomorrow, so I might not find time to update for awhile. (like I did this summer... *rolls eyes*.

Anyway, so I've been living at home and nannying this summer - it has been such a great experience. I'm getting lots of practice planning outings and meals - and discipline, too, which I do not enjoy so much. Being with the kids all day, having to listen to their nitpicking and namecalling - I realized it must be SO OBNOXIOUS to my parents when I and my sisters act that way!
I've also been pushed farther in correcting people, or figuring out the best way to tell someone they are wrong. Man, it has not been all high-flying but God has taught me so much this summer!

And now I move to Florida in one week! CRAZY! I'm overwhelmed with excitement for this opportunity - but of course as the day draws near, I'm being filled with last minute doubts and panic. I don't want to go far away! I don't want to leave home! But I tremble with delight thinking about the warm weather, the friends I will make, the incredible chances to grow! AND to be back at a Christian school again - I have missed that!

So, thanks for reading. I'm out for now!
-Lexi

No comments: