Sunday, May 10, 2009

Were the whole realm of nature mine…

It’s Sunday morning, the very last Sunday before I leave school for good. I’d be in church right now, but my roommate seems to be unconscious.

It’s been an amazing year, it really has. Even though I had a really hard time with some people, I’m glad everything that happened, happened. I’m going to miss it, I think… but I’m so glad to go home!

Last weekend I went to see the Minnesota Symphony with a few friends… it was a great night! I was bored after the first song, but I had fun dressing up and taking pictures.

IMG_0097

I thought my Historical Books this semester was pretty boring, for the most part. But now that I’ve gotten a better look at the Old Testament… I NEVER thought that it would be so interesting!

The New Testament, certainly. Paul is an awesome writer. But the Old is full of boring stories I’ve heard a million times.

The latter is still partly true… I am tired of studying Genesis, Exodus, Daniel, etc. Now I realize, though, that I don’t know ANYTHING about the minor prophet books – AND, more importantly, they are actually really interesting! :-)

So right now I’m really trying to get a good grasp on the story of the OT. I had to do a study last week on the kings that ruled over the Northern and Southern kingdoms of Israel after Solomon’s reign, and it really peaked my curiosity! I want to find out more about it.

Time to stop talking and start reading… buh-bye!

No comments: