Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who loves a peaceful Sunday? Me! Me!

I feel like such a picturesque blogger! Cup of tea, armchair, lamplight, classical music playing...
It may never happen again - at least not once school starts! - but it sure feels GREAT to curl up in a quiet house!
Today is my last week of break, and by george, I'm gonna ENJOY it! I've already spent the last month watching movies and goofing around... now I'm going to try and get caught up before school, and cross a whole bunch of things off my to-do list. We'll see how that goes, I guess.

On Friday I leave to spend the weekend with friends. I can't wait! I love staying at home and not doing anything (going strong after four weeks!), but I think I need a break from my family. For my sanity, as well as theirs. :-D
Then I come back and prepare for the mad chaos that I'm afraid spring semester will be. My first class is at 8 three mornings a week, so I'm going to be up EARLY! :-O

On this site I found something that made me so very excited... Kratt's Kreatures clips! This was my FAVORITE show growing up and I was so disappointed when they replaced it with Zaboomafoo. Who cares about a stuffed monkey!?


Little kids who care more about entertainment value than raw, real nature, I guess. ;-)
I recently got a zebra-striped Franklin Covey planner - the little one I got at Walmart just wasn't cutting it. I absolutely LOVE it! I've been writing to-do lists like crazy. I'm hoping that I can stay really organized this year. Ha. :-D
We've also hit a few stores for New Years' sales. I found SO much stuff on sale! YAY! I found some basic things I was looking for - white turtleneck, dark jeans, neutral-colored camis - and I am THRILLED to make up a ton of new outfits! (Why have I never purchased a white turtleneck before? I have no idea, but I'm glad I finally did!)
Well, it sounds like my mother has awakened from her nap, and she's supposed to be helping me finish my quilt and accomplish a few other things, so I'd better get off the computer (and I also really have to go to the bathroom after all that tea.) Ciao!

No comments: