Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy August!

I can't believe it's already August! This summer has been pretty cold, and it's disappointing to think that school starts in just a little over three weeks.


It's been a hard summer. My parents have separated temporarily, and I've been fine with it. Yesterday, though, I realized that it IS a big strain on me (the bizarre crying fits were my big clue). Since I'm the oldest, I'm the one they both confide in, and I feel stuck in the middle. I'm so sick of this, I actually want to leave home. I suppose it'll get better. Mom has been out of town for a few days and so things are particularly stressful.

I think it's probably the hardest period of my dad's life, since he's still unemployed. And I have no idea what to do, except pray. I feel helpless. :-(

Not everything has been bad, though. My family has fallen head over heels for this little girl.
Bobbie is a Brittany Spaniel, and we absolutely love her.




My room has been laid bare for the last few months, the paint has been sitting in the hallway since April - and we FINALLY finished the painting! I'm excited to move stuff in.

Tomorrow VBS starts. My sisters and I are teaching the 2nd grade. It's a program put on by Go Fish, and they will be coming up and doing a free concert the last night! I'm SO EXCITED!

http://www.nlag.net/images/freedomfest/gofish2.jpg

I love Go Fish. Even if all they do are kiddie songs - I still get a kick out of it. :-)






No comments: